Mobile learning, also known as mLearning is getting more and more popular and preferred. In such a scenario, there are several challenges that need to be addressed. Perhaps the most important among them is flash to HTML5 migration. Let us see how the massive opportunity offered can be leveraged for enhancing the impact of your online training programs.
Benefits of using HTML5 over Flash
Convert Flash elearning to HTML5 Content Format
Though you are aware that mLearning is gaining continuous and swift momentum, you are worried about the investment done in Flash courses. You know that Flash lacks the capability to support different mobile devices, mainly tablets and smartphones. Besides, the Flash content are getting blocked by the browsers.
While this may sound simple, there are certain aspects related with the migration process and you must consider them without fail.
Before digging deeper into how can the migration effort be initiated and executed, you should see what all other associated problems or challenges that you may have to face. Also, have an eyes for the ways in which the opportunity of migration can be exploited for uplifting your learning tactic by incorporating contemporary corporate learning containing present drifts such as social learning, gamification and microlearning.
Other factors to consider
Rather than merely planning about the migration process, reviewing the related challenges will be of great help. The holistic approach is highly recommended.
Over years, with advent in technology, expectations of the learner have immensely changed and this should not be overlooked. Same is the case with demographics. Most of the companies offering flash to HTML5 conversion services proceed their processes while keeping learners in mind.
Learners always prefer to learn the courses on their chosen device, mostly tablets and smartphones. They need microlearning, i.e. the courses should be bite-sized. Besides, they want the whole thing to be packed in such a way that the process is easier to learn and apply. In addition to the said, they demand learning availability within their specific work-flows.
Workforce is getting changed globally with the intention to significantly include millennial people. The way millennial people learn is different and they respond far better towards shared learning. Towards the core, migration is in fact an uplifting of technology from traditional Flash to modern HTML5 but it’s not enough.
Your plan for migration should be capable to balance organization challenges and at the same time, it should be in line with learner’s expectations and demographics as well.
How flash to HTML5 conversion is beneficial for online training?
- Challenges associated with flash like that of lack of support for tablets and most of microphones will be alleviated
- Flash gets restricted support from different browsers; most of them now block it if there is no Flash-plugin. Learners need a learning experience that is hassle-free which is availed by HTML as it is compatible on all browsers
- The investment made on the courses can be recover easily
- Mobile phone users and those who prefer to learn via mobile have largely superseded desktop users
- Responsive design is getting more and more preferred for learning and therefore organizations must have responsive design tools
Capitalising further on the opportunity of migration
Invent an approach that is appealing to both onlin learners and traditional learners. Also the approach should align perfectly to impact the ROI factor. For achieving the same underlying tips can be helpful.
- Learning portals that are responsive with different learning paths
- Social learning
- Evaluate new formats that are trending such as interactive videos and learning apps
Benefits assured when you convert flash based online learning courses to HTML5
- Investment unlocking and meeting enhanced customer expectations
- Enabling the provision of sticky learning on learner’s preferred devices
- Reinforcing learning as well as offering remediation if needed
- Availing in-time learning aids with the workflow of learner
- Enabling collaborative training
- Gaining positive impact on short term as well as long term learning efficiency
- Millennial workforce can be increased
Also read how HTML supersedes flash when it comes to eLearning development courses.
We hope that this blog detailed various aspects associated with migration opportunity along with highlighting some key areas to focus on for benefitting the most. Have any queries, needs or want to discuss anything relevant to the migration process? Feel free to contact.