5 step process for head replacement with Photoshop
With the advancements in photo restoration and editing, nothing is infeasible nowadays. You can do almost any type of editing, enhancement or restorations. Even swapping or replacing is not a big deal. Are you wondering how to replace head in Photoshop?
Head replacement in Photoshop is done because of many reasons. Only one person in the group may have a weird expression, his head may be tilted or anything else. The process is always the same, regardless of the reason for need. From peripheral level, the process appears really simple. You just have to cut it from one image and replace to the needed image. However, the real matter of concern is that the actual image where replacement is done should look natural.
Faces are one the most complex and substantial part of any human photograph. They are unique in different aspects including shapes, lighting shades, angles, positions and a lot more. So, while replacing, many things are to be taken into apex consideration.
You can surely try various photo restoration techniques by yourself but if the image is really important for you, it would be better to hire professional service providers for the same who specialize in old photo repair and restoration services.
Let us see some of the basic steps using Photoshop
1. From the source image, select the replacement head roughly and copy it
2. In step 1, perfection may be lacking as there may be some part of the background along with the selection. So, make the head tidy with the help of suitable software options. It is always preferable to go on with a black background because you get clear view of what needs to be removed.
3. Now move the neatened replacement on to the actual image. Place it on the picture and evaluate after positioning properly. Resize and rotate it until perfection is achieved. Make sure that the neck portion and replacement head gets lined up to maximum level of precision.
4. In case if after replacement, still a goofy feel is there, make colour adjusts and other possible alterations so that the whole image looks natural.
5. Tweak the illumination, contrast, and satiety levels for getting the best results.
Old photo repair and restoration many times need head replacement as well. So, mastering it can be really helpful.