Exploring newer vistas for business development with virtual reality
Virtual reality is getting more and more popular these days and almost all domains associated with mankind have started to leverage its provisions. What earlier seemed to be a mere fiction has now become a reality.
Companies are now increasingly harnessing the potential of VR for creating more positive distinction to their products than that of 2D videos. Videos are only watched but three dimensional virtual videos are in fact experienced. Augmented reality puts viewers amid an entirely novel scenario and invokes real emotions. You just have to define the actual necessity, virtual experience as well as delivery device.
Defining the need
First of all, you have to define the product and or services that can be benefited by using virtual reality for making it emerge alive for the prospects. Picture the following cases.
- VR makes it seamless lifelike experience for users during new product launch
- If you want to take your customer through a place, VR can help in that
- In case if the product or service is too complex, it can guide on how to use them and its benefits
- Power of VR can be utilized to crate a wow factor while showing products or servies in a tradeshow or conference
Defining the virtual experience
After establishing the need, think of the virtual experience that you intend to create. Usually, there are two main options to think about.
- 360 degree virtual reality videos: These are most suited when you need a fully rendered appealing animated environment that covers 360 degree or when the video capturing is done using a 360-dgree camera rig. In this case, the stories are actually pre-determined; the viewer simply enjoys the video in a creative 3D environment.
- Interactive VR experience: This is perfect when you want the users to be interactive with different objects in a strategically generated virtual environment. These objects can serve as buttons to trigger events like that of playing games, moving to a different part of VR world, or choosing an item for triggering another inside animation etc.
Defining the VR device
VR experiences are meant to be experienced using VR headsets. For those people who possess devices such as PlayStation device or Oculus Rift, just a link is enough for viewing the video or downloading a VR app.
For others, the best and cheapest available option is Google Cardboard viewer. It is the easiest way to enjoy and distribute the VR experiences. You just have to download the concerned app and insert an Android phone or iPhone into the device to start enjoying the experience.
When it comes to production, it’s also relatively cost-effective and you can print viewer itself with customising for promoting the product and complementing the app or video.
Sit back and enjoy the unsullied VR experience
Virtually reality is an unmatched experience that can’t be compared to anything else. It takes you to the closest point from where you can experience something to its fullest possible impact in an artificially generated scenario. You are availed an elevated sensory experience by which you actually feel things. You can look up, down, behind and far while moving as if through the real world.