Top-notch imagery of the product plus several advanced marketing solutions is the need of this competitive market. A three-dimensional model plays a crucial role in bringing products to life. Customers get a natural feel from touching the image and understanding the quality of the materials and textures used in the product. This finally enhances the buying decision of that consumer if we take, for example, a buyer who wants to buy a backpack. How will he decide whether to buy it or not, just having a picture of that backpack? He will not get any idea of the texture, dimension, and comfort he will get after buying it. But with the proper use of advanced 3D technology, he can have a close enough experience. Create a 3D model and help businesses shift from traditional photography, which is time-consuming and costly.
So what are the significant aspects involved in three-dimensional modeling?
- 3D modeling helps in creating prototypes of the products.
- It gives your customers a better view of your products and helps them understand different dimensions, including width, height, etc.
- Manufacturers can easily showcase their products on absolute world scales.
- Compared to 2D images, three-dimensional images help show accurate time dimensions with colors and other visual aspects.
- It helps in enhancing the visual significance by showing how the product works.
How to create a 3D model?
Customers these days need more in everything. They are interested in getting immersive, engaging, and commercial solutions, including AR/VR, 3D animations, etc. All these said solutions are based on three-dimensional models. We are introducing some of the easy steps that can help transform an image into a 3D model.
Collection of every input data about the product
- Every three-dimensional artist knows the process of creating a 3D model efficiently and creatively.
- However, a detailed scope of work with all the essential details of the product helps better understand what the client needs.
- The scope of work might include 2D drawings, product photos from every possible angle, accurate measurements, references of the textures, or sample photos, if any.
- The deeper the scope, the better delivery can be expected as it helps in reducing the number of edits in the final delivery.
Building a geometry
- Using three-dimensional software to build the object geometry is a significant step in 3D modeling.
- Polygonal modeling starts with building different structures
- First, they start with more significant parts, and gradually they add fittings and polish the product.
- Realistic proportions play a very crucial role in elaborating the product features.
Applications of textures and materials
- Texture references provided by a client play a significant role in the model's outcome.
- 3D artists select textures and materials from the library, where we get tons of ready-made textures.
- If the client needs some unique or complex materials, artists will have to create them from scratch, which will be a time-consuming and costly task.
- Here comes the play of special software, which enables achieving photorealism by tweaking digital values of the material properties.
Carrying out revisions and adjustments
- Creating 3D models without corrections is mostly not at all possible.
- An integral part of the working process is making adjustments until the client finally approves the design.
- Clients' feedback and the changes done accordingly are significant functions that cannot be avoided in the three-dimensional modeling process.
Exporting the outcome of a three-dimensional model
- Once the client approves the final model and all the adjustments and revisions are done by the artists, the model is saved in the required format. It is then sent to the client.
- Exporting the objects is done based on the required formats.
Benefits of creating 3D models
Powerful marketing tools
Industries have started relying more on three-dimensional modeling, from pitching product ideas to showcasing them to the customers. Illustrators are hired, and a whole new 3D department is all set in big companies as it's a cost-effective technique with highly beneficial results. 3D product view is the best marketing tool compared to plain 2D images. It's the future of marketing.
Three-dimensional models are quick, easy and photo-realistic
Evaluating the project from various angles and making changes before the model becomes a final prototype gets easier. The best way to detect the flaws in the project and see how the small changes might impact the design look.
Improves efficiency and quality
Three-dimensional modeling inspires designers to explore appealing and attractive workflows. It increases efficiency and productivity. This technique helps in a better quality of work for potential customers.
Expansion of the design is possible
Using the software, creating any complicated designs and patterns is possible with just a single click. Explicit representation of ideas needs skills and expertise, and expansion of the designs gets easier.
Elimination of language barrier
Three-dimensional models help make the other person understand your ideas and plans regardless of the language barriers. Understanding the project gets much easier with the three-dimensional designs of the product.
These days, replicating the things around us is possible due to three-dimensional modeling and 3D printing. A creative model with three dimensions is what we call a three-dimensional model. Outsource your requirements to MAPSystems, the leading 3D modeling company, and boost your sales with new and advanced ideas. Our artists are well trained to use the new technologies and can create whatever a client has in his mind. Being in the field for more than a decade, we have served numerous clients from different industries, and no doubt all of them are 100 percent satisfied with our efforts.