Virtual reality for business has become popular ever since brands started relying on inspiration and engagement for creating marketing experiences. A decade ago, things were not the same as marketing was non-existent virtually. However, today, the technology is loved by both consumers and developers as everything is digitized.
The VR market has enormous potential in the business domain and this article will help you understand it. So, explore the article thoroughly and figure out how you can utilize it for your benefit.
What is Virtual Reality?
If you are experiencing something in a simulated mode wherein the digitally created ambience is similar to real one, it is virtual reality (VR). Advanced computing technologies are used for creating this feeling. In a conventional digital scenario, you observe things happen as a viewer. But in VR, you have an immersive experience and part of the environment being simulated. 3D environment is created with VR. You can interact with the elements. Your access to the artificial environment is guided by computing technologies that simulate optimum number of senses. Sensory perceptions are created by blending vision, hearing, touching, smelling etc. The VR experience can be made more pervasive if processing power and relevant content are available in abundance.
Technology behind Virtual Reality
HMD or Head-Mounted Display is one of the major components that drive VR. As human beings, we rely on inputs of our senses, prominently vision, for interacting with environment. The HMD separates the immersive experience imparted by VR systems from conventional user interfaces. Virtual environments can be created on large scale as is done in laboratories and universities. Over here, CAVE VR systems create and project virtual content on screens as large as a wall. For individual users though, HMD is the best to experience the VR feel. HMD or wearable technology is rapidly undergoing major changes. In future, VR would be taken to the next level with amazing development in the complexities of hardware and software that underlie VR. Immersive technologies that make VR accessible to common user are being defined by
- HTC Vive Pro Eye
- Playstation VR
- Oculus Quest
- New devices being released by Google, Lenovo, Apple and other major players
Simulation of any type of terrain is the highlight of VR. This has prompted military installations of first world nations to incorporate VR in the training methodologies of their cadets. All units like infantry, navy and air force can use VR with equal agility.
- Cadets can be virtually placed in various challenging terrains, spaces or environments
- Trainees have to strategize the best way to get out of the situation in virtual mode
- Simulations of flights, war fields, vehicles, boot camps etc. can be done
- Paramedics can be taught how to serve rescued soldiers in war torn regions
- Expenditure incurred in military training can be reduced significantly
- Any hazardous situation can be simulated in safe manner
VR has made its impact felt in the sporting domain also. It is proving helpful in following ways:
- Players can be trained in various gaming strategies and tactics
- Accurate assessment of player’s performance is made for performance improvement analysis
- Live games are streamed in VR by broadcasters to offer more gripping feel to viewers
- Virtual tickets are being planned to be launched in future for live events
VR can be deployed for boosting mental health primarily to recover from stress after traumatic experience. VR finds useful application in trauma care in following ways:
- Traumatic event can be reenacted with VR exposure therapy
- Patience person can be subjected to same for getting over phobia and anxieties
- Depression of patients can be cured by virtually uplifting their moods with pleasant experiences
- Patients can be made to confront things that make them fearful in safe and controlled mode
Training Medical Students
VR is useful in practically teaching medical students in safe and guided simulated environment.
- Medical students can learn invasive procedures and surgery in virtual mode
- Dental students can reinforce skills related to root canal therapy, crown installation etc.
- Virtual patients help eliminate unwanted consequences during training
- Skills learnt can be used in real cases with ease
VR has boosted the teaching infrastructure significantly in following ways.
- Interaction of students among themselves inside controlled 3D environment becomes possible
- Virtual trips to literally any place can be undertaken
- Examples are solar system, museums or somewhere in bygone timeframe
- Skills learnt can be used in real cases with ease
- Autistic students can be provided more attention with VR
- Kids can learn and practice social skills within VR’s inspirational environment
- Children learn how to make social connections, develop confidence, look straight in eyes
- Parents can interact with children in VR mode using synced smartphones or tablets
Online shopping sites like Amazon or Flipkart have already launched apps that take interested customers on a virtual walkthrough of the shopping site. This is significant improvement over the way we are used to browsing online stores.
- You need not browse through the site catalogs any more
- You can evaluate products and shops in real time
- You can shop with friends also
Simulations have been a part of automotive manufacturing sector since long. Viability of designs and aerodynamism are analyzed in simulated mode. VR adds more cutting-edge to this process.
- Engineers and process analysts can collaborate and inspect elements of prototype jointly
- Virtual prototype can be equipped with any engineering device
- Major problems can be spotted even before the production starts
- Complex parts of engine, transmission etc. can be analyzed
Entertainment domain is the witness to many applications Of Virtual Reality.
- Games with VR experiences are already popular
- One can enjoy movies in 3D in theater
- Film watching experience can be intensified in immersive mode with Oculus Cinema like apps
- Large virtual screen can be devised for watching films similar to personal theater
- One can feel as if s/he is a part of the movie through optimized audio-visual effects
- Virtual stadiums can be built where you can enjoy sports with friends from your home
- Experience of watching game can be made more thrilling
Whatever be the outcome, the future of virtual reality technology would be defined by the simplicity and usability offered by shrinking head gears. Such HMDs can be used by people anywhere i.e. in personal and professional domains with ease.
Virtual reality has already made its presence prominent in the digitized business system. The greatest strength lies in its power of visualization.
You may consider virtual reality to be a single tool to leverage all sorts of businesses, as they have the same end goal-sale. Through the creation of prototypes, companies have been able to convey their marketing message with authority and convincing power. From automobiles to hospitality and from real estate to manufacturing, every industry can boost up their marketing strategies through VR. Benefits of virtual reality in business are in fact countless.
Besides, VR is largely being incorporated for organizing training programmes for military, creating prototypes for architectural purposes, demonstrating mechanisms for surgeries and so on. Read on to know in detail different ways in which it can benefit your business.
Virtual Reality in Business Industry
Well, VR technology has the power to enable a person to experience a place even if they did not visit it in reality. This is why travel and tourism companies use 3d interactive virtual tours to attract customers. Tourists can now visualize themselves being present in a different part of the world through VR. It stimulates their sensation to visit the place; they long to be there. Ultimately, this results in sales for the company.
This trend is also visible in other industries, particularly fashion clothing. When a customer visualizes the image, he gets a better idea of the final looks of the product. They cannot counter what they see, as the visual sense is among the most dominant human senses and this makes the benefits of virtual reality technology quite palpable.
In several companies, VR is being incorporated to screen candidates. The interviewers can communicate with the applicants ‘face to face’. Through VR video conferencing, it is possible to see the reactions of the candidates. The recruiters are able to study the body language of the applicants through this mechanism. Today, virtual conference rooms are largely being incorporated in various industries for hiring experts from different parts of the world. It saves the time and efforts of the company.
Virtual reality for training
It is already incorporated into training programs by various companies. VR is usually implemented in live seminars for offering fresh ideas to employees. The trend also seems to rise within a few years.
Besides, when it comes to employing VR for education, trainers can help employees to learn and improve new skills. Also, work processes can be accurately demonstrated to them. It is one of the noted advantages of virtual reality in business.
Reduction in business travels
Well, VR can reduce your business travel costs, and this, instead, will add to the productivity of your company. The world is full of possibilities, and travel costs are not affordable all the time. A statistic reveals that certain companies spend billions of dollars every year for travel. It can make the world more compact, where business leaders can communicate with associates in a different country without actually leaving their office by using 3d virtual tours around the world. Video conferencing has been in the trend for more than a decade, and new features like interactive virtual meetings are being rolled to enhance the quality of interaction with virtual reality business meeting.
Introducing products to new audiences
With VR, you can take product visualizations to a whole new level. You can showcase every important aspect of your product and services and let your customers get an inside view. This can present your products and services in a better matter and offer an interactive experience to your customers. Besides, customers also get emotionally connected and get a feeling that they can trust your brand.
Aid with prototyping and designing of products
Developing products is time-consuming, risky, and expensive. However, with various technological advancements, it has become easier than before. If you have tried developing products twenty years ago, it would have been very difficult. But, with virtual reality, you can prototype faster and test cheaper. In this way, the production process can be also carried out seamlessly.
Creation of virtual tours
One of the important advantages of using VR technology in business is the capability to offer interactive virtual tours of various locations. This is mainly beneficial in real estate and architecture industry, where the realtors and agencies can show the virtual tour of property to clients. Using this technology, customers can view the house designs in 3D.
Giving a better experience to the customers
Besides simplifying the task at the workplace, VR can help business firms connect with its customers in a better way. For instance, customers may now connect directly with the business firm while placing the order. This saves them time and effort too, besides enhancing their shopping experience. Moreover, video calling is much more interesting than traditional phone calls, as the customers are able to view the person they are speaking to. Evidently, VR enhances the communication strategies of companies.
A lot of industries rely on virtual reality technology to take their business to greater elevations. This clearly indicates that companies are already well aware of the benefits of virtual reality for business. So, if you do not wish to lag, start leveraging the benefits of VR technology today.
Are you in need of quality virtual reality solutions too? Contact us to avail the best virtual reality services in India.