Adobe Photoshop is a widely-used software application for editing, retouching, and manipulating images. It can be used by professionals and novice users, and it consists of various tools to edit both individual and large batches of photographs. Apart from editing images, it can also be used for editing videos, designing websites, creating amazing 3D artworks and illustrations, etc. It can be made to run on a variety of operating systems and is available in multiple languages for personal as well as business use.
If you are new to the photo editing field, you may find it to be quite challenging when it comes to downloading Photoshop at free of cost. As it has a wide range of tools, some of which are quite complicated. Learning Photoshop using online tutorials may also prove to be an easy and interesting job. Once you are strong with the fundamentals, you can move on to the next step and get acquainted with its advanced features. It is commonly used by graphic designers, web developers, creative professionals, and photo editors. In this article, you will be introduced to Adobe Photoshop, how to download and get Photoshop software for free, the basic system requirements, and the file formats that it supports.
Steps to Download Photoshop Software for Free
Generally, beginners don’t prefer to buy the paid version of Photoshop because they have minor project requirements. It may also happen in the case of intermediate or professional users as they want to try out before investing in the software. In that case, you can go for the legal or safe means to get the free editing software. Now, the most basic question to ask is how to download Photoshop for free.
Downloading a trial version is one of the easiest ways to use the software. It will allow you to access all the tools and features, just like the paid version. But, how long can you use the Photoshop free trial? It will only last for a week after your registration. You don’t have to worry about the program as it won’t be deleted after the trial period. However, you will be asked to purchase one of the various paid subscriptions available. Besides, registering with Creative Cloud is compulsory, as all the Adobe products are available at this platform at present.
Below are the steps for Adobe Photoshop free download. You can completely rely on these instructions because it is 100% legit.
- Go to Adobe’s website and open the Adobe Photoshop Free Trial page.
- Click on Start your free trial.
- Choose the plan you want as per your requirement.
- The next step is to log in or sign up for a new Adobe account.
- Select the method of payment like PayPal, credit card, or debit card. Don’t worry! You are not going to pay for the trial period. However, before the seven days are over, you need to cancel your trial or money will be deducted automatically.
- Click on the Start free trial button present at the bottom of the page.
- Now, a screen will appear where you have to enter the password for your account. Then, click on Set your password.
- You will see an on-screen prompt to install or open Creative Cloud. If it doesn’t appear, then you can manually download and install it from the Abobe’s website.
- If you see any license terms after signing in to your Adobe account, then click on agree.
- Once installed, the Photoshop free version will automatically open. However, if it doesn’t, then you can use the Open button in the Creative Cloud.
List of Photoshop Versions Can be Downloaded for Free
Several versions of Photoshop are available which provide the option for free trial which can be downloaded using the above steps
- Photoshop CS
- Photoshop CS2
- Photoshop CS3
- Photoshop CS4
- Photoshop CS5
- Photoshop CS6
- Photoshop CC
- Photoshop CC 2014
- Photoshop CC 2015
- Photoshop CC 2017
- Photoshop CC 2018
- Photoshop CC 2019
- Photoshop 2020
Different Photoshop Apps Available in Free Trial
It is a cloud-based service that allows you to edit, organize, and share your images from one device to another. In-app tutorials from the pros are also available here.
It is a vector graphics software that can help you to create outstanding logos, product packagings, graphics, billboards, icons, etc.
It is a layout and page design software that enables you to create a high-quality graphic design with typography for the digital or print media.
This platform is easy-to-use and powerful enough to create designs which can be used for mobiles, websites, games, voice interface, and more.
It contains the best collection of raster and vector brushes along with new live brushes to enhance the natural drawing or painting experience of the users.
With Premiere Rush, you can easily create and share online videos across all the devices and social channels like Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
It is one of the industry-best video editing software that is used to edit media or footage and create productions for TV, film, or the web.
By using this motion graphics and visual effect software, you can transform any idea into a moving object. Besides, you can also create film intros, titles, and transitions.
It is a PDF tool that helps in creating, editing, combining, and signing PDF documents and forms which can be easily shared and accessed on any device.
It contains a collection of desktop editing tools for improved performance. Use it to create HDR panoramas, enhance colors, precise adjustments, remove unwanted objects, etc.
It helps to create photorealistic 3D images that can be useful for brand visualizations, packaging design, spatial designs, product mockups, and other creative purposes.
How to Cancel the Photoshop Trial Period?
Check out the below instructions to cancel the trial period before it is up.
- Open the Adobe Account page and log in.
- Click on the View plan or Manage plan option that is present below the Photoshop section.
- Now, select Cancel plan.
- A question will appear on the screen asking your reason of cancellation. You can choose one from the available options or expalin your reason in brief in the Comment section.
- Clik on Continue.
What to Do After the Photoshop Trial Version gets Over?
Once your trial period gets over and you want to continue using the software, then you can opt for its paid version. The cost of Adobe Photoshop may vary according to the type of the product version you are using. For example, if you are using Photoshop Elements, then it will cost you around $100 and can be used for the rest of your life. However, if you are using other products, then the price will range from $10 to $60 per month, depending on the subscription type and its length.
You can also go for the lower-cost option if you only want the Photoshop apps. However, if you select the higher cost option, you will get the complete set of Creative Cloud tools along with Photoshop.
Available Plans or Pricing for Different Users
There are various plans and pricing available for different users who wish to purchase the license. Apart from this, they are also entitled to get discounted plans that are specifically designed for each type of user.
Individuals can get access to a variety of single apps like Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Illustrator, etc. for $ 19.90, and Adobe XD, Lightroom, etc. for $9.48. Besides, it also provides access to 30+ creative desktop and mobile apps.
Students & Teachers
Students or teachers can avail the Creative Cloud All Apps plan at a discounted price of $18.97 per month for the first year, and then paying $28.44 after that. It has around 20+ mobile and desktop apps, which include Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
Schools & Universities
The Creative Cloud for education plan is another affordable option that is ideal for smaller groups at schools, universities, or non-profit organizations. To access only a single app, you have to pay around $14.21 per month. However, while accessing all the latest desktop apps, including illustrator, XD, and Photoshop, you have to pay $33.18 per month.
Businesses also get the choice of selecting either one creative desktop app for $75.86 or the entire set of 20+ apps for $32.24 with the Creative Cloud for teams plan. However, if you wish to buy the option for a larger organization, then you can go for the Creative Cloud for enterprise plan.
Basic Computer Requirements for using Free Photoshop Trial
Whether you are using a MAC or a Windows-based computer, Adobe Photoshop can be used on both. You can find all the menus, tools, panels, and options on each of the versions, and the functionality will also remain the same. However, there are certain basic requirements that your computer must meet so that it can support the Photoshop free trail version and these are mentioned below:
- Your computer must have updated OS versions such as Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- The RAM should be 2 GB or more.
- A strong internet connection is required to activate the software, validate subscriptions, and access various online services.
- It should be an Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® processor with 64-bit support.
- The available hard disk space should be 2.6 GB or more for a 32-bit installation and 3.1 GB or more for a 64-bit installation. Apart from that, additional free space is needed for installing the software.
- It must have a display of 1024 x 768 with 16-bit color, and a dedicated VRAM of 512 MB or more.
- The 3D graphics API should be an OpenGL 2.0.
- The macOS version of the computer should either be MacOS version 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), or macOS X version 10.11 (El Capitan).
- The RAM should be 2GB or more.
- Internet connection will be needed to activate the software, validate subscriptions, and access various online services.
- Computer should have a multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support.
- For installation, the available hard-disk space should be 4 GB or more along with the additional free space.
- The display size should be 1024 x 768 with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM is required.
- It should support OpenGL 2.0.
File Formats Accepted by Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is compatible with a variety of file formats including PSD (Photoshop format), PSB (Large Document Format), RAW, PNG (Portable Network Graphics), PDF (Portable Document Format), Cineon, JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group), GIF (Graphics Interchange Format), TIFF (Tagged-Image File Format), etc.
This is a quick overview of the basic things you should know while downloading Adobe Photoshop for free. Since its inception, it has evolved from a basic photo editing tool to a comprehensive suite for undertaking image manipulation and retouching tasks. In case you need to edit a set of images, then you can also choose the free Photoshop presets provided by various websites. It can help you to avoid repetitive edits and speed up the entire process. By getting a proper idea of downloading and utilizing the tool to its full potential, you can get exceptional outcomes that can meet your project needs.